Now that you've decided to shungify your home, where do you start?
Ideally, you would have some shungite on your person - jewelry or a pocket stone - as well as larger pieces in the rooms where you spend the most time. Typically, this is your bedroom and office or workplace. Shungite is especially helpful in high-EMF areas where electronics are kept - computers, wifi routers, mobile phone base stations, baby monitors, entertainment centers, etc. More electronics mean more electropollution, hence a greater need for protection. An EMF meter may be helpful in identifying the "hotspots" in your home.
Here are a few general guidelines that may be helpful.
- The larger the piece of shungite, the stronger it is - meaning, the greater its range of influence.
- Elite (noble) shungite is more powerful than black shungite because it contains a higher percentage of fullerenes (large, spherical carbon-based molecules)
- More shungite is better than less. Its ranges are just estimates, and the variables are many.
- It is desirable to create overlapping layers of protection. For example, wear a shungite pendant and have a pyramid next to your wifi router.
- Stay within your budget. There is no need to overspend. Stress is not helpful when it comes to your heath, and increasing your health is the ultimate goal!
Zones of Influence
In her 2014 book Shungite: Protection, Healing and Detoxification, Regina Martino lists the following "beneficial influence zones" for shungite spheres and pyramids. These ranges are for neutral zones. So, a shungite object placed in an area of disturbance such as a room with high EMFs will have a reduced zone of influence.
Pyramids and spheres are the only two shapes she listed. For other shapes and sizes (cubes, bricks, merkabas, etc), just use your best judgement. I always shoot for a larger size than what this chart suggests for any room with known sources of EMFs - routers, televisions, cordless phone base stations, baby monitors, and other electronic equipment.
Spheres are recommended for bedrooms as being the most conducive for sleep. Pyramids are recommended for rooms where you want more mental stimulation such as the office, den, or living room.
|Shungite Shape||Size (Inches)||Range of Influence (Feet)|
|Pyramid||2||6.9 - 7.5|
|Pyramid||2.4||8.2 - 8.9|
|Pyramid||2.8||9.5 - 10.5|
|Pyramid||3.1||11.5 - 12.8|
|Pyramid||3.5||13.8 - 15|
|Pyramid||3.9||16.4 - 17.7|