CBD: A Brief Introduction
What is CBD?
CBD, short for cannabidiol, is a naturally occurring compound found in the hemp plant that has a wide range of therapeutic applications.
CBD is becoming more and more popular and is gaining momentum in the health and wellness world, although misinformation still abounds.
Simply stated, CBD is a natural botanical concentrate found in a class of diverse compounds called cannabinoids. These compounds are derived from both the stalk and seed of cannabis plants. More than 100 cannabinoids have been identified so far in the hemp plant, of which CBD is probably the best known.
CBD is non-intoxicating, which means it has the potential to deliver a variety of mental and physical benefits without any of the unwanted side effects.
CBD, like other cannabinoids, interacts with your body’s naturally occurring endocannabinoid system, which is responsible for promoting balance and regulating functions like appetite, sleep, mood, and immune response.
What is the Endocannabinoid System?
The ECS is one of several different systems in the body that play a vital role in your health. However, unlike your circulatory, digestive, respiratory, and skeletal systems, the ECS may not be on your radar.
Discovery of the ECS was one of the most exciting breakthroughs in medical science!
The endocannabinoid system plays a critical role in regulating homeostasis - meaning, keeping your body's vital balance. Not only that, but the ECS system appears to have a very protective role in our bodies.
The ECS is essentially a network consisting of endocannabinoids and cannabinoid receptors that communicate your body's condition to the interior of the cell, paving the way for the appropriate cellular response.
What is Hemp?
Hemp is a species of plant within the cannabis family. Hemp was one of the first plants to be domesticated by humans, marking mankind’s earliest industrial efforts.
While hemp’s exact geographical origin is unknown, archeological evidence suggests that its history can be dated back to the Neolithic age. Scientists have even recently discovered a relic of hemp cloth in ancient Mesopotamia (currently Iran and Iraq) which dates back to 8,000 BC.
Through the ages, hemp has been used in day-to-day life for its protein-packed seeds, strong fibers, and highly absorbent hurds. Hemp seeds are typically used in dietary products, whereas the fibers and hurds are utilized in a variety of industrial products from clothing to paper, rope, cement, insulation, construction materials and other.
Why am I including a tab for CBD on a website about shungite?
The answer is simple: CBD saved my life.
I began taking CBD a few years ago, and it's been a health miracle that I just have to share. I can go so far as saying that, had I not found it, there might not even be Shungite Queen. If you want to read more about what it did for me, I share my complete story in this blog post.
The Ultimate CBD
It has taken me a while to find the best CBD. Now that I have, I can share it with you! To be in compliance with company policies, I cannot mention their name here, but below are my top 10 reasons for choosing their products:
- Purity: The CBD is from the purest, cleanest non-GMO source in the world - extracted from hemp grown without pesticides, herbicides and chemical fertilizers. They also employ a specialized extraction process that uses carbon dioxide as opposed to chemical solvents.
- Potency: Their hemp has naturally high levels of CBD. The reason for this starts at the seed: They developed their own hemp cultivars to produce greater levels of naturally occurring CBD, grown in amazing European microclimates that promote spectacular growth.
- Full-spectrum: They produce CBD products with the full complement of botanical compounds for optimal health benefits.
- Rigorous triple-testing: These CBD products are processed in state-of-the-art labs with every batch triple-tested for contaminants and purity. This is unheard of in the cannabis industry and rare even for the natural supplement industry.
- In the PDR! Due to the quality and consistency of their products, this company was the first and possibly only CBD product to be listed in the PDR (Prescriber's Digital Reference). As a nurse, I can assure you this is an amazing achievement!
- Nutrition: Their highly concentrated CBD oil also contains other nutritious material, such as omega-3 fatty acids, terpenes, vitamins, chlorophyll, amino acids, and other phytocannabinoids like cannabichromene (CBC), cannabigerol (CBG), cannabinol (CBN) and cannabidivarin (CBCV), boosting the health benefits.
- Longevity: This is no fly-by-night organization - they have more CBD hemp oil than anyone on the planet.
- Availability: This company has a reliable and fully legal direct sales distribution system making products easy to order and have delivered to your home!
- Transparency: The company discloses natural variations in CBD content, so customers always know how much CBD (in milligrams) they’re getting in their hemp oil. Most supplement companies don’t disclose the natural variations in their products.
- Impact: This company has made a beneficial global impact through their affiliation with a nonprofit that seeks to educate, empower, and provide support to individuals and families seeking CBD to improve the lives of their loved ones.
If you are interested in more information or trying their products, I invite you to click on the link below!