With ongoing coronavirus concerns, we need to be doing everything possible to boost our immune system. Eating right and exercising may no longer be enough to shield us from these new-world environmental assaults, such as 5G and the novel coronavirus.
Do EMFs make it easier to get sick from opportunistic organisms?
Does shungite offer any protection from COVID-19 – or any pathogens, for that matter?
Does it help protect us from the ravages of 5G?
Trying to find answers creates as many new questions as answers, but let’s take a look at what science has revealed thus far.
Although there are no studies about shungite’s effects on COVID-19, there are connections between EMFs and immunosuppression, and between EMFs and certain pathogens. Some microorganisms have been observed to grow and behave differently in the presence of manmade frequencies. Studies are few and far between, but some dots may be connected when we take a closer look.
Let’s go on a little tour through some of the science, and then you can draw your own conclusions as new evidence comes along.
What Do We Know?
I. Manmade EMFs have multiple damaging biological effects, including altering immune response
Just like air pollution and agricultural chemicals, manmade EMFs - including 5G - can be considered environmental pollutants. Why is this significant? Environmental pollutants tax the body and may overload the immune system, especially if you have a pre-existing health condition or chronic illness.
In 2011, the IARC (International Agency for Research on Cancer) concluded that radiofrequency and millimeter wave radiation should be listed as a possible carcinogen (group 2B) for humans. And that was before 5G.
Studies show 5G can break DNA strands, produce stress proteins, disrupt cellular communication, alter calcium physiology, weaken the immune system and trigger inflammation. (EMFData, Szmigielski 2013, Magdahavas.com)
Although the biological effects of these individual EMFs are weak, we are surrounded by ever-increasing numbers of them such that the aggregate biological effects are quite significant – and growing by leaps and bounds. According to Olle Johansson, PhD, a Swedish neuroscientist featured in “Generation Zapped,” our bodies are subjected to one quintillion times more EMF radiation today than just ten years ago. That is a 1 with 18 zeros behind it!
Most studies focus on the biological effects of only one frequency, but few have explored the combined effects this complex cloud of multi-frequency radiation to which we are all now subjected.
Consider these scientific tidbits related to EMF exposure and the immune system:
- EMFs increases free radicals in the body, including reactive oxygen species (ROS), which stimulate inflammation and impair immune response and proper tissue healing. (Lai 2019)
- A 2002 mouse study found one single low-intensity high-frequency EMF exposure produced a profound effect on immunity, suppressing phagocytosis for 2-3 hours. The effect persisted for three days. (Kolomytseva et al 2002)
- EMFs disturb the immune system and alter tissue repair processes. (Johansson 2009)
- EMFs have been shown to alter normal immune function, producing shifts in the number and/or activity of various immune cells. (Saferemr)
- EMFs may have even more immunosuppressing effects in the elderly, as shown in this cell phone study. (Capri et al 2006)
- Researchers propose that ROS and their effects may be the most significant mechanisms for explaining the damaging effects of EMFs, especially inside the brain – particularly the hippocampus. Among other things, the hippocampus plays an important role in the immune system regulation. In a rat study, ROS in the hippocampus increased by 80 percent in irradiated animals, resulting in significantly increased oxidative stress in the brain, plus increased levels of three pro-inflammatory cytokines. (Singh et al 2020)
- EMFs may weaken immunity and increase the risk for opportunistic infection by calcineurin inhibition. Calcineurin is an enzyme that plays a key role in immune response. Calcineurin inhibitors are known to increase one’s risk for opportunistic infections such as viruses, bacteria, and fungi. (Doyon et al 2017)
The point is, when we start messing around with our immunity – for example, with vaccines - there can be unanticipated consequences. We have to be smarter about immunotherapies.
Consider this. Wuhan residents who received seasonal flu shots (TIV, or trivalent influenza vaccine) showed a dramatic increase in risk (300% to 400%) for becoming infected with a variety of viruses during the remainder of that flu season. These opportunistic infections included coronaviruses, rhinoviruses, coxsackie/echoviruses, parainfluenza viruses, respiratory syncytial viruses (RSV), human metapneumoviruses, and others. (Cowling et al 2012)
This begs the question, what impact might seasonal flu vaccines have on COVID-19 susceptibility?
How might a novel coronavirus vaccine interact with the flu vaccine in the body?
I have no answers - only concerns.
It’s worth pointing out the information about cytokines. In the rat study above, irradiation caused the rats a substantial increase in cytokines. One of the features making COVID-19 so dangerous is the cytokine “storm” it produces in some individuals.
II. EMFs can alter the growth patterns of microorganisms, as well as our resistance to them
Artificial electromagnetic waves produce a variety of interesting effects on the growth of microorganisms, including viruses and mold.
- Mold has been found to flourish around EMFs. According to Dr. Thomas Rau, medical director of the Paracelsus Clinic in Switzerland, not only do artificially produced electromagnetic waves cause toxic mold to grow faster, but they also suppress the production of beneficial microbes. (Fabry 2015)
- Researchers at Albert Einstein College of Medicine at Yeshiva University discovered that certain species of fungi actually feed on radioactivity to spur their growth. (PhysOrg 2007)
- Two different studies demonstrate that EMFs can induce growth in Saccharomyces Cerevisiae yeast. (Voichuk 2004, Hadjiloucas et al 2002)
But what about viruses? Those connections are less clear.
I did find one interesting Epstein-Barr (EBV) study offering evidence that DNA in human cells can be modulated by an electromagnetic field. When a human lymphoid cell line was infected with EBV and then exposed to a 50 Hz EMF, the cells began expressing virus antigens. (Grimaldi et al 1997)
This would suggest that our response to viruses may change in the presence of EMFs. HOW, exactly, would be unpredictable.
Here’s another interesting thing...
Scientists have discovered that we can literally shake a virus to death. Really - I’m not kidding! Scientists at Arizona State University fired laser pulses of a certain frequency toward viruses and discovered, after a bit of trial and error, that just the right frequency could “shake them to death” in the same way that opera singers can shatter wine glasses. (Schirber 2008)
Shaken, not stirred...
Meaningful or not, this is just more evidence that viruses are susceptible to frequencies.
III. EMFs, particularly 5G technology, may impact number and severity of COVID-19 cases
The role EMFs play in our susceptibility to infection needs to be discerned, and Dr. Magda Havas may have uncovered a frightening correlation between COVID-19 and 5G.
She performed an analysis of the relationship between 5G rollout and COVID-19 cases in various countries, but especially in the US. She found a significant correlation between COVID-19 by American state and 5G technology. You can read her full analysis here, but to summarize, COVID-19 cases per million were 95% higher in states with 5G, and COVID-19 deaths per million were 126% higher. She standardized her calculations for population density.
She is not claiming a definite link, but that this data is enough to warrant a fuller investigation. Wouldn't it be nice if we had reliable global data to look at these correlations?
Dr. Havas wrote:
“Numerous scientific studies document impaired immune function, which could make individuals more susceptible to viral and bacterial infections. Covid-19 had a great impact on the elderly as they often have suboptimal immune function... The degree to which these frequencies affect the virus remains unknown.”
IV. Shungite may help mitigate the negative effects of EMFs, as well as improving healing speed, detoxification, and other health benefits
I would be remiss if I did give a nod to shungite here!
Shungite’s healing properties were first examined by Ukrainian scientist Grigory Andievsky. He concluded that shungite’s fullerenes act as adaptogens in the body, working at a cellular level but also systemically.
Fullerenes are the large spherical carbon molecules in shungite that attract free radicals to their surface, where they get trapped. Fullerenes are also the basis for carbon 60, which has a growing following due to its purported benefits for everything from cancer to fighting viruses and bacteria, to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties.
Some experts believe shungite’s benefits are more energetic, which is supported by the work of Regina Martino and others.
Two rat studies demonstrate shungite’s radiation-protective benefits:
- Shielding with shungite decreased the severity of damage from high-frequency electromagnetic radiation in Wistar rats. (Kurotchenko et al 2003)
- Shungite was found to produce antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects against UVB radiation-induced skin damage in hairless mice. (Sajo et al 2017)
Whatever the mechanism, people report a wide variety of improvements on a surprisingly vast array of ailments when they use shungite, including reduced pain and inflammation, better sleep, improved moods and more. I put together some testimonials in a previous blog post.
Shungite water has been shown to have some powerful healing effects of its own, dating back to the18th Century with Peter the Great. Peter noticed shungite’s powerful healing effects and constructed a shungite spa for his soldiers. Many had been poisoned by a type of ore they were processing. Men who drank water from a nearby spring that ran through the shungite deposit recovered in just three days—much faster than normal.
In her book, Regina Martino describes a study at the Ukrainian Academy of Medical Sciences involving volunteer cancer patients. The group drinking shungite water had their blood panels return to normal within two to three weeks of radiation therapy, whereas the control group took three to four months.
Since the time of Peter the Great, the Karelians have been harnessing their local shungite treasure for all manner of things from relieving pain to suppressing allergies, rejuvenating tissues, detoxing, boosting immunity and fighting respiratory infections.
You can read more about shungite’s history by downloading my free report, Shungite: Electropollution Solution.
What Don’t We Know?
Quite a lot, unfortunately.
The level of environmental toxicity on our planet today is unprecedented. Not just electropollution, but chemicals, toxic air and water, and the like.
With the potential links Dr. Havas found between 5G and COVID-19, I am even more concerned about the implications of our ever-expanding daily EMF bombardment by the telecom industry, for ourselves and our planet.
Is shungite as effective against 5G’s millimeter waves and 4G? I can’t say. It does seem to be effective with countless other frequencies, so I have no reason to believe millimeter waves would be any different.
Of course, we don’t know what we don’t know.
We can say that shungite appears to have some EMF protective benefits, and positives for the immune system, and even some antiviral and antibacterial potential, but we don’t know if these translate to lowering one’s risk for COVID-19. This is a brave new world and we’ve only begun to dip our toes into the pool.
As with all treatments, we must find effective measures that have minimal downsides – no nasty side effects – and shungite meets that mark. It is completely safe when used appropriately.
I hope this at least this gives you a little more to think about, and a basis upon which to draw your own conclusions. Keep reading, and keep questioning with eyes and ears wide open!